Computer / Software You Will Need:
- A PC running Microsoft Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X 10.5 or newer.
- The free FTP software, which you can download by clicking FileZilla.
Individual Server Settings:
- Username - This is your username to access your account on our server.
- Password - This is the password assigned to you by the system admin or the owner of the hosting account.
After you have downloaded and installed FileZilla, double click the icon to launch the program.
1. Click on File then select Site Manager.
2. You will see the "Site Manager" window pop up. Click on "New Site"
3. You will want to change the values to match your account.
(a) Type in the New FTP Site Name: (Can use any name like "My website ")
(b) Host: Type in the host address: (Your FTP address like ftp.domain.com)
(c) Logon type: Select Normal
(d) User: This is your username. If you do not have this information, you can login to cPanel and view it on the left hand side. (It is based on the first 8 characters of your domain). If someone gave you a username to use in the format of [email protected], please enter that.
Password: This is your cPanel password or the password that you were given by the owner of the hosting account.
(e) When the above steps are complete, click 'Connect' to connect to the server. (You will automatically be connected in your own folder).
Due to our firewall, some people experience problems with FTP. To fix this problem, try:
- Click on Edit
- Select Settings
- Click on Passive Mode, which is found underneath Connection in the left hand window. In the Passive mode settings window (right side), click the Use the server's external IP address instead if it is currently not marked. If you connect to our server and get disconnected quickly, this is the solution.